Registering to be an Umpire in 2021
We are continuing to build our umpire program and look forward to you returning or joining in 2021. We are hosting Level 1 and 2 online clinics from Baseball Ontario.
We are very fortunate to have the best umps due to your commitment.
Umpire Clinic Registration Process:
FIRST: Register as a NTBA Umpire:
If this is your first season as a NTBA Umpire, please follow the steps below. If you are already registered in Horizon, you can skip the first registration process.
- Go to https://www.horizonwebref.com/, or download the Horizon WebRef app on Apple or Android
- Click on the “Member Login” button, located on the right hand side of screen
- Click on "New Users Registrations" button, located on the bottom of the screen
- Submit your e-mail address, name and organization code, NTBA's Code is 205723. Under the Select a User Type, select Official
- Await approval from the system administrator. Note: This is a manual process. You will receive an e-mail when you are accepted
- Input your registration information. Make sure to include your OBA umpire number and your level
SECOND: Register for a Clinic with Baseball Ontario:
All certification for umpires continue to be online for 2021. The online courses are in 4 to 5 "modules". This is self-directed learning and you must complete all the modules by May 31, 2021 to be eligible to umpire for the 2021 season. If you do not complete all the modules by May 31, the OBA will drop you back one level of certification.
See Level 1, 2, 3 Program, Outline of Certification: https://www.baseballontario.com/Umpires/program/Special.aspx?TopMenuID=10006
Level 1 online module completed by May 31, 2021
Level 2 online module completed by May 31, 2021
- Go to http://www.baseballontario.com/Umpires/
- In the top line click on "online forms", Umpire Registration (For Individual Umpires)
- Choose "New Umpire Registration" or "Existing Umpire Registration"
- If a "new Umpire Registration", then complete the form:
- "Affiliate Club" choose "the Toronto Baseball Association"
- "Club Name" choose "North Toronto Baseball Association". If an Existing Umpire, you will need your umpire card number.
- You can then select an NTBA clinic.
- We will accept your application and send you an email on the payment process. When payment is made, you will be asked to sign off on the Baseball Ontario Waivers.
- When payment is received a list is sent weekly to Baseball Ontario. They will send you an email with details for the online umpire clinic, starting early April.
Baseball Ontario controls your Level of Certification and adjudicates it. If you have clinic questions or questions about your Umpire Level, please contact Baseball Ontario email@example.com or 519-740-3900
Director, North Toronto Baseball Association
Uniform Ordering Info
Please visit NT Umpire gear Web Store at: https://ntbaumpires2021.itemorder.com/sale
NEW THIS YEAR
Umpire Uniform - MANDATORY:
- Each individual NT Umpire must purchase:
- ump shirt (either dark blue officially OBA or light blue polo [Level 1 only])
- full brim cap (colour is your choice)
- 1/2 brim cap (to be worn under mask)
- 3 piece umpire kit (bag; counter; plate brush)
- grey full length pants (e.g. from amazon.ca)
Umpire Uniform Components - MANDATORY for Plate Umpires:
- chest protector
- leg guards
Umpire Uniform: Optional:
- black steel-toed shoes (e.g. from Mark's)