Registering to be an Umpire in 2020
We are continuing to build our umpire program and look forward to you returning or joining in 2020. We are hosting Level 1 and 2 online clinics from Baseball Ontario.
We are very fortunate to have the best umps due to your commitment.
Umpire Clinic Registration Process:
FIRST: Register as a NTBA Umpire:
If this is your first season as a NTBA Umpire, please follow the steps below. If you umped for NTBA for the 2019 season, you are already registered in Horizon, you can skip the first registration process.
- Go to https://www.horizonwebref.com/, or download the Horizon WebRef app on Apple or Android
- Click on the “Member Login” button, located on the right hand side of screen
- Click on "New Users Registrations" button, located on the bottom of the screen
- Submit your e-mail address, name and organization code, NTBA's Code is 205723. Under the Select a User Type, select Official
- Await approval from the system administrator. Note: This is a manual process. You will receive an e-mail when you are accepted
- Input your registration information. Make sure to include your OBA umpire number and your level
SECOND: Register for a Clinic with Baseball Ontario:
All certification for umpires will move online for 2020. The online courses are in 4 to 5 "modules". This is self-directed learning and you must complete all the modules by May 31, 2020. If you do not complete all the modules by May 31, the OBA will drop you back one level of certification.
Level 1 online module completed by May 31, 2020
Level 2 online module completed by May 31, 2020
- Go to http://www.baseballontario.com/Umpires/
- In the top line click on "online forms"
- Choose "New Umpire Registration" or "Existing Umpire Registration"
- If a "new Umpire Registration", then complete the form:
- "Affiliate Club" choose "the Toronto Baseball Association"
- "Club Name" choose "North Toronto Baseball Association"
- You can then select an NTBA clinic. Numbers on each day are unlimited for 2020
Baseball Ontario controls your Level of Certification and adjudicates it. If you have clinic questions or questions about your Umpire Level, please contact Baseball Ontario firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-740-3900
Director, North Toronto Baseball Association
NEW THIS YEAR