North Toronto Baseball Association is a non-profit organization, developed in the 1940's and still going strong! It is managed mainly by many volunteers who are dedicated to bringing kids of all ages a friendly and healthy outdoor experience through baseball. We have grown from hundreds of players to close to 1,700 players. NTBA provides House League, Select and Rep programs for NTBA members. The demand for baseball programs over the last few years have exceeded our capacity. Our house league continues to increase and we look to innovative ways to provide more opportunities, along with emphasis on skill development programs.
Mission Statement and Objectives
To provide the families of the North Toronto community an opportunity to actively participate in the game of baseball at various levels so that players can develop their skills while at the same time learn the value of team spirit, sportsmanship, leadership and respect. The NTBA shall be guided by the following objectives:
- to provide children and young adults (“players”) an opportunity to develop baseball playing skills along with an appreciation of the game of baseball while fostering good sportsmanship with fellow players;
- to provide House League, Select and Rep programs so players can participate at a level appropriate to their ability and commitment;
- to develop character by promoting physical, social and leadership skills in the players, with an emphasis on team spirit, sportsmanship, respect for officials and for each other; and
- to promote and develop the game of baseball, both within and outside the NTBA community, while recognizing that the wellbeing of the player is the first priority.
Constitution approved by Board of Directors on February 12, 2019, NTBA Constitution, February 12, 2019
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, January 27, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
North Toronto Baseball Association (NTBA) Members in good standing are invited to join us at our Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, January 27, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. It will be a virtual meeting, details to follow. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Dora Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2021 at 9:00am. Attendees will be sent a Zoom link prior to the meeting. A Proxy can be found below.
NATURE OF THE BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED:
- Approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Members, held on January 14, 2020;
- Receive the audited financial statements of NTBA for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2020 and financial update on the affairs of the Association;
- Appoint auditors for the 2021 fiscal year and authorize the Board of Directors to fix their remuneration;
- Receive various reports from the NTBA committees
- Elect the Board of Directors
- Discuss New Business
Director Nominees (current, nominated for new term)
- Dean Cohen
- Michael Doner, Treasurer
- Joel Goldberg
- Jim Lisser, President
- Larry Mah
- Grant McCutcheon, Secretary
- Andrew Prendergast
- Tim O’Brien
- Marnina Sernick, Vice-President