North Toronto Baseball Association is a non-profit organization, developed in the 1940's and still going strong! It is managed mainly by many volunteers who are dedicated to bringing kids of all ages a friendly and healthy outdoor experience through baseball. We have grown from hundreds of players to close to 1,700 players. NTBA provides House League, Select and Rep programs for NTBA members. The demand for baseball programs over the last few years have exceeded our capacity. Our house league continues to increase and we look to innovative ways to provide more opportunities, along with emphasis on skill development programs.
Mission Statement and Objectives
To provide the families of the North Toronto community an opportunity to actively participate in the game of baseball at various levels so that players can develop their skills while at the same time learn the value of team spirit, sportsmanship, leadership and respect. The NTBA shall be guided by the following objectives:
- to provide children and young adults (“players”) an opportunity to develop baseball playing skills along with an appreciation of the game of baseball while fostering good sportsmanship with fellow players;
- to provide House League, Select and Rep programs so players can participate at a level appropriate to their ability and commitment;
- to develop character by promoting physical, social and leadership skills in the players, with an emphasis on team spirit, sportsmanship, respect for officials and for each other; and
- to promote and develop the game of baseball, both within and outside the NTBA community, while recognizing that the wellbeing of the player is the first priority.
Constitution approved by Board of Directors on February 12, 2019, NTBA Constitution, February 12, 2019
North Toronto Baseball Association
PO Box 1312, Station K
2708 Yonge Street
Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 7:30 p.m.
North Toronto Baseball Association (NTBA) Members in good standing are invited to join us at our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. It will be a virtual meeting, details to follow. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Dora Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18, 2023 at 9:00am. Attendees will be sent a Zoom link prior to the meeting. A Proxy can be found below.
NATURE OF THE BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED:
- Approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Members, held on March 1, 2022;
- Receive the audited financial statements of NTBA for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2022 and financial update on the affairs of the Association;
- Appoint auditors for the 2023 fiscal year and authorize the Board of Directors to fix their remuneration;
- Receive various reports from the NTBA committees
- Elect the Board of Directors
- Discuss New Business
Annual General Meeting – April 25, 2023, Summary
As a follow-up the NTBA Annual General Meeting, the following people were elected as 2023 Board members. We want to thank the board members for their volunteer efforts and are looking forward to awesome year of baseball! Please feel free to reach out as we are always looking for assistance with our various committees – House League, Umpire, Rep/Select, and Fields.
In addition, Hogg, Shain & Scheck were appointed auditors for the 2023 fiscal year and authorized by the Board of Directors to fix their remuneration.
- Dean Cohen – Vice-President Rep/Select League
- Michael Doner – Treasurer (Acting)
- Joel Goldberg
- Larry Mah – Vice-President House League
- Grant McCutcheon - Secretary
- Andrew Prendergast
- Shaun Sarno
- Marnina Sernick – Vice-President
- Daniel Shneer
- Robert Storm