North Toronto Baseball Association is a non-profit organization, developed in the 1940's and still going strong! It is managed mainly by many volunteers who are dedicated to bringing kids of all ages a friendly and healthy outdoor experience through baseball. We have grown from hundreds of players to close to 1,700 players. NTBA provides House League, Select and Rep programs for NTBA members. The demand for baseball programs over the last few years have exceeded our capacity. Our house league continues to increase and we look to innovative ways to provide more opportunities, along with emphasis on skill development programs.
Mission Statement and Objectives
To provide the families of the North Toronto community an opportunity to actively participate in the game of baseball at various levels so that players can develop their skills while at the same time learn the value of team spirit, sportsmanship, leadership and respect. The NTBA shall be guided by the following objectives:
- to provide children and young adults (“players”) an opportunity to develop baseball playing skills along with an appreciation of the game of baseball while fostering good sportsmanship with fellow players;
- to provide House League, Select and Rep programs so players can participate at a level appropriate to their ability and commitment;
- to develop character by promoting physical, social and leadership skills in the players, with an emphasis on team spirit, sportsmanship, respect for officials and for each other; and
- to promote and develop the game of baseball, both within and outside the NTBA community, while recognizing that the wellbeing of the player is the first priority.
Constitution approved by Board of Directors on February 12, 2019, NTBA Constitution, February 12, 2019
Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, January 14, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
North Toronto Baseball Association (NTBA) Members in good standing are invited to join us at our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the North Toronto Memorial Community Centre, 200 Eglinton Avenue West, Multi-purpose Room A, Toronto, Ontario. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Dora Chow at email@example.com by January 7, 2020 at 4 pm. A Proxy can be found below.
NATURE OF THE BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED:
- Approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Members, held on January 15, 2019;
- Receive the audited financial statements of NTBA for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2019 and financial update on the affairs of the Association;
- Appoint auditors for the 2020 fiscal year and authorize the Board of Directors to fix their remuneration;
- Receive various reports from the NTBA committees
- Elect the Board of Directors
- Discuss New Business
Director Nominees (current, nominated for new term)
- Michael Doner, Treasurer
- Jim Lisser, President
- Larry Mah
- Grant McCutcheon, Secretary
- Andrew Prendergast
- Tim O’Brien
- Marnina Sernick, Vice-President
New Director Nominees
- Dean Cohen – With many years of first-hand experience with North Toronto in areas of umpiring, playing and coaching, Dean would be an asset to the NTBA Board. Dean is a Chartered Professional Accountant and works at Akler Browning LLP. In his spare time, Dean is one of the coaches for our 16U Elite Team. Additionally, Dean is well-known in the organization as he umpires 50 games a year. Dean is eager to continue and grow his role as part of the umpire committee, as well as working with players to further develop their experience. Dean would be an ideal fit for the NTBA Board, bringing his energetic leadership, in tandem with his many years of hands-on experience.
- Joel Goldberg – Joel brings a significant amount of both playing and volunteering involvement to NTBA. Having participated in NTBA’s House League and umpiring as a youth, he now has one son entering his third year and one starting his first. Joel has been volunteering his time convening and ensuring all players have a great time on the ball field. As a baseball player growing up and now with aspiring young players in his family, Joel brings critical perspective and understanding of both the game and the experience that our players seek. Joel has already stepped forward to help further develop our program for the youngest players. Joel has four young kids and is a business consultant.
North Toronto Baseball Association would like to thank David Unger for his dedication to the role of Vice-President and Director for over a decade! David has been instrumental in helping to guide the transition to the modernization of North Toronto Baseball Association. David also worked tirelessly with the city to secure all of our annual permit times. In addition, David made sure he had time to coach – sometimes two teams in a season! North Toronto Baseball Association very much appreciates all of David’s efforts and he will be missed!
North Toronto Baseball Association would like to acknowledge James (Jim) Stuart for his tenacious and enthusiastic leadership with our House League program. Under Jim’s guidance, the quality of the NTBA House League offering has risen significantly – highlights include the implementation and organization of pre-season clinics for players, enhanced communication and the development of an engaged convenor group. Jim's calm demeanor and hard work ethic will be missed but he has promised to continue to assist our House League committee throughout 2020. North Toronto Baseball Association would like to extend a big thank you to Jim!