2022 Ontario 9U AAA Championship: September 2 - 4
The North Toronto Baseball Association would like to extend a warm welcome to each of the players, coaches, families, and friends to the Ontario 9U AAA Championship Tournament. We hope that you have a fun, safe, and memorable experience!
Please refer to this Web site for important information regarding the tournament. We will be updating this Web site regularly.
Game Schedule - Real Time Tournament Results
Online updates will be provided in game schedule link, email updates will be sent to coaches for relevant updates.
Games will be held at the following parks:
Goulding Park - 45 Goulding Avenue, Toronto, ON
(Jays Care project)
Goulding North: dirt/clay; 245-250-245 to the fence; standard ground rules: imaginary line from dugout fence to the foul pole.
Goulding South: dirt/clay; 230-240-230 to the fence; standard ground rules: imaginary line from dugout fence to the foul pole.
There is a swimming pool so the kids should bring their trunks! The pool is open 12-8PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Clanton Park (Elie Wiesel Park) - 30 Palm Drive, Toronto, ON
Clanton East: dirt/clay; approx. 180 feet to outfield fence; imaginary line from 3rd base dugout fence to foul pole; imaginary line from 1st base dugout fence to fencepost at Clanton West. Discuss at pre-game conference with umpires.
Clanton West: crusher dust; approx. 180 feet to outfield fence; imaginary line from 3rd base dugout fence to foul pole; imaginary line from 1st base dugout fence to foul pole. Tree overhanging 1st base line in foul territory. Contact = foul ball. Discuss at pre-game conference with umpires.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Donations in Kind
All four pitching machines are planned to be:
Goulding machines will run off generators.
Clanton East will run off a direct line from the storage room.
Clanton West may run off a generator, electrical preferred.
Approved OBA Rookie Playing Rules
Can be found here, www.baseballontario.com/Umpires/news/rules.aspx
Jon Whitaker: Umpire-in-Chief
Tim Fittler: Past President/Board Member Collingwood Minor Baseball; NCCP Certified 9U to 18U Rep Head/Assistant Coach
Jonathan Freedman: OBA Registered Umpire since 1998; NCCP Certified 9U to 14U Rep Head/Assistant Coach
In case of unresolved/appealed protest: Annette Hoggarth, OBA 9U Chair. Final decision.
Parking options at Goulding Park: 45 Goulding Avenue (near Yonge and Steeles)
- Parking lot with ~75 spaces
- Lots of parking in surrounding residential neighbourhood
Parking options at Clanton Park: 30 Palm Drive (near Sheppard and Bathurst)
- Parking in surrounding residential neighbourhood (note, street parking restrictions)
- There will be a modest canteen with snacks and drinks for sale at Goulding Park and Clanton Park. Please note, Goulding Park is the main hub.
- From Goulding Park:
- Centerpoint Mall is a 3-minute walk north with a food court and restaurants: http://www.centerpointshops.com/restaurants
- Grocery: No Frills - Centerpoint Mall
- From Clanton Park:
- Sheppard and Bathurst is a 3-minute drive (North of park), with several restaurants available as you go west on Sheppard.
- Wilson and Bathurst is a 3-minute drive (South of park), several restaurants as you go west on Wilson
- Grocery: Metro (Sheppard and Bathurst), or No Frills (Wilson and Bathurst)
- We have informed local food trucks that we are hosting the tournament, so some may turn up, but this will be at their discretion – we have not paid them.
Washrooms & Water
Goulding: The Community Centre is open from 8am to 10pm. We have access to their washrooms and water.
Clanton: There are washrooms at the field with sinks for water.
Garbage and Recycling
We are responsible for our own garbage and recycling. Please use the bins that are available. We will be collecting trash and recycling, and replacing the bags throughout the tournament. It is the responsibility of all teams to clear out the dugout after each game.
Important Park Rules
No pegs may be driven into the grass at either Goulding or Clanton. There are irrigation pipes and other lines running just under the surface. If teams or fans are putting up tents, please use weights of some sort to secure them rather than pegs.
We are responsible for any damage to property or turf, so please be respectful.
Any electrical cables must be covered to avoid tripping hazards.
Health and Safety
Adhere to current Provincial COVID guidelines.
- Each field coordinator will have a first aid kit and ice or instant ice packs.
- For any emergencies, North York General Hospital is the closest Emergency Room. Approx 15-20 mins from both fields. Directions and maps below.
Goulding Park to North York General Hospital Emergency
- Take Goulding Ave heading east to Yonge St.
- Right on Yonge, left on Cummer, right on Willowdale
- Left on Finch (drive 3.2 km)
- Right on Leslie (drive 2.3km)
- Left on Esther Shiner Blvd
Clanton Park to North York General Hospital Emergency
- Take Palm Dr. east to Bathurst. Turn right to go south on Bathurst
- Left on Wilson
- Left on Avenue – ramp to 401 Eastbound (drive 5.2km)
- Leslie St. exit heading north.
- Right on Esther Shiner Blvd
Please complete the entry form and forward it with the applicable fee to TBD
An Open block of rooms at Courtyard Toronto Northeast Markham was previously available. Please check directly with the hotel for current availability and reference North Toronto Baseball Association.
Katie Heyes, Sales Manager
Courtyard Toronto Northeast Markham
7095 Woodbine Avenue (Woodbine and Steeles)
Markham, ON L3R 1A3