Registering to be an Umpire in 2020
We are continuing to build our umpire program and look forward to you returning or joining in 2020. We are hosting Level 1 and 2 clinics in April with clinicians from Baseball Ontario.
We are very fortunate to have the best umps due to your commitment.
Umpire Clinic Registration Process:
FIRST: Register as a NTBA Umpire:
If this is your first season as a NTBA Umpire, please follow the steps below. If you umped for NTBA for the 2019 season, you are already registered in Horizon, you can skip the first registration process.
- Go to https://www.horizonwebref.com/, or download the Horizon WebRef app on Apple or Android
- Click on the “Member Login” button, located on the right hand side of screen
- Click on "New Users Registrations" button, located on the bottom of the screen
- Submit your e-mail address, name and organization code, NTBA's Code is 205723. Under the Select a User Type, select Official
- Await approval from the system administrator. Note: This is a manual process. You will receive an e-mail when you are accepted
- Input your registration information. Make sure to include your OBA umpire number and your level
SECOND: Register for a Clinic with Baseball Ontario:
BASEBALL ONTARIO MEDIA RELEASE
LEVEL 1 AND LEVEL 2 UMPIRE CLINICS:
As of Monday, March 16th, there will be no in-person Level 1 & 2 clinics for the remainder of this season. We will introduce online training so that certification can be achieved for 2020. More details will be shared by April 3rd.
LEVEL 3 UMPIRE SUPERCLINICS:
SuperClinics will be cancelled. Level 3 umpires will certify via an online exam as they did in 2019. The Exam will be made available March 23rd, and payments already received will be transferred to exam registrations.
Level 1 on Saturday April 4 or Saturday April 18 - CANCELLED
Level 2 on Saturday April 4 or Saturday April 18 - CANCELLED
- Go to http://www.baseballontario.com/Umpires/
- In the top line click on "online forms"
- Choose "New Umpire Registration" or "Existing Umpire Registration"
- If a "new Umpire Registration", then complete the form:
- "Affiliate Club" choose "the Toronto Baseball Association"
- "Club Name" choose "North Toronto Baseball Association"
- You can then select an NTBA clinic. Numbers on each day are limited
Baseball Ontario controls your Level of Certification and adjudicates it. If you have clinic questions or questions about your Umpire Level, please contact Baseball Ontario email@example.com or 519-740-3900
We hope you will join the 2020 NTBA Umpire Team and make the season a great one, earn some money, improve your skills and make friends!
Director, North Toronto Baseball Association
NEW THIS YEAR