2023 Ontario 9U AAA Championship: September 1st - 3rd
The North Toronto Baseball Association would like to extend a warm welcome to each of the players, coaches, families, and friends to the Ontario 9U AAA Championship Tournament. We hope that you have a fun, safe, and memorable experience!
Please refer to this Website for important information regarding the tournament. We will be updating this information regularly.
NT Contact Info
The games will be held at the following parks:
Goulding Park (Jays Care Project) - 45 Goulding Avenue, Toronto, ON
Goulding North: dirt/clay; 245-250-245 to the fence; standard ground rules: imaginary line from dugout fence to the foul pole.
Goulding South: dirt/clay; 230-240-230 to the fence; standard ground rules: imaginary line from dugout fence to the foul pole.
Clanton Park (Elie Wiesel Park) - 30 Palm Drive, Toronto, ON
Clanton East: dirt/clay; approx. 180 feet to outfield fence; imaginary line from 3rd base dugout fence to foul pole; imaginary line from 1st base dugout fence to fencepost at Clanton West. This will be discussed at pre-game conferences with umpires.
Clanton West: crusher dust; approx. 180 feet to outfield fence; imaginary line from 3rd base dugout fence to foul pole; imaginary line from 1st base dugout fence to foul pole. Tree overhanging 1st base line in foul territory. Contact = foul ball. This will be discussed at pre-game conferences with umpires.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Donations in Kind
All four pitching machines are planned to be:
Goulding machines will run off direct lines from the facility.
Clanton machines will run off a direct line from the storage room.
Generators will be there as back up.
Approved OBA Rookie Playing Rules
Jon Whitaker: Umpire-in-Chief
Raf Choudhury: OBA Registered Umpire since 1995, NCCP Certified, Evaluator & Coach Developer
Jonathan Freedman: OBA Registered Umpire since 1998; NCCP Certified 9U to 14U Rep Head/Assistant Coach
Protest will be escalated to Jon Whitaker and Raf Choudhury. In the case of unresolved/appealed protest: Jonathan Freedman will be Final decision.
Online updates will be provided in the game schedule link, email updates will be sent to coaches for relevant updates.
There is a swimming pool so the kids should bring their bathing suits! The pool is open 12-8PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Parking options at Goulding Park: 45 Goulding Avenue (near Yonge and Steeles)
- Parking lot with ~75 spaces
- Lots of parking in surrounding residential neighbourhood
Parking options at Clanton Park: 30 Palm Drive (near Sheppard and Bathurst)
- Parking in surrounding residential neighbourhood (note, street parking restrictions)
We are excited to be fundraising for the Jays Care Foundation and will be raffling off these prizes over the weekend:
- There will be a modest canteen with snacks and drinks for sale at Goulding Park and Clanton Park. Please note, Goulding Park is the main hub.
- From Goulding Park:
- Centerpoint Mall is a 3-minute walk north with a food court and restaurants: http://www.centerpointshops.com/restaurants
- Grocery: No Frills - Centerpoint Mall
- From Clanton Park:
- Sheppard and Bathurst is a 3-minute drive (North of park), with several restaurants available as you go west on Sheppard.
- Wilson and Bathurst is a 3-minute drive (South of park), several restaurants as you go west on Wilson
- Grocery: Metro (Sheppard and Bathurst), or No Frills (Wilson and Bathurst)
Washrooms & Water
Goulding: The Community Centre is open from 8am to 10pm. We have access to their washrooms and water.
Clanton: There are washrooms at the field and a water fountain.
Garbage and Recycling
We are responsible for our own garbage and recycling. Please use the bins that are available. We will be collecting trash and recycling, and replacing the bags throughout the tournament. It is the responsibility of all teams to clear out the dugout after each game.
Important Park Rules
No pegs may be driven into the grass at either Goulding or Clanton. There are irrigation pipes and other lines running just under the surface. If teams or fans are putting up tents, please use weights of some sort to secure them rather than pegs.
We are responsible for any damage to property or turf, so please be respectful.
Any electrical cables must be covered to avoid tripping hazards.
Health and Safety
- Each field coordinator will have a first aid kit and ice or instant ice packs.
- For any emergencies, North York General Hospital is the closest Emergency Room. Approx 15-20 mins from both fields. Directions and maps below.
Goulding Park to North York General Hospital Emergency
- Take Goulding Ave heading east to Yonge St.
- Right on Yonge, left on Cummer, right on Willowdale
- Left on Finch (drive 3.2 km)
- Right on Leslie (drive 2.3km)
- Left on Esther Shiner Blvd
Clanton Park to North York General Hospital Emergency
- Take Palm Dr. east to Bathurst. Turn right to go south on Bathurst
- Left on Wilson
- Left on Avenue – ramp to 401 Eastbound (drive 5.2km)
- Leslie St. exit heading north.
- Right on Esther Shiner Blvd
We have reserved an open block of rooms at Courtyard Toronto Northeast Markham.
Please contact the hotel directly to make your booking and reference Ontario Baseball Association or North Toronto Baseball Association:
Katie Heyes, Sales Manager
Courtyard Toronto Northeast Markham
7095 Woodbine Avenue (Woodbine and Steeles)
Markham, ON L3R 1A3