Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
North Toronto Baseball Association (NTBA) Members in good standing are invited to join us at our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the North Toronto Public Library (Northern District Library), 2ndFloor (Room 224), 40 Orchard View Blvd. Toronto, Ontario. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Dora Chow at email@example.com by January 9, 2019 at 4 pm. We have also attached a Proxy.
NATURE OF THE BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED:
- Approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Members, held on January 9, 2018;
- Receive the audited financial statements of NTBA for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2018 and financial update on the affairs of the Association;
- Appoint auditors for the 2019 fiscal year and authorize the Board of Directors to fix their remuneration;
- Consider as special business replacing the existing Constitution in its entirety with the form of Constitution approved by the Board of Directors. A draft copy is attached, NTBA-Constitution-2019-DRAFT-January 10, 2019.
- Receive various reports from the NTBA committees
- Elect the Board of Directors
- Discuss New Business
Director Nominees (current, nominated for new term)
- Michael Doner, Treasurer
- Jim Lisser, President
- Larry Mah
- Grant McCutcheon, Secretary
- James Stuart
- David Unger, Vice-President
New Director Nominees
- Tim O’Brien – with two young boys starting out their NTBA careers, Tim has jumped into many volunteer activities with NTBA. Most notably, he led the organization in hosting the Rookie AAA provincial championships - families from all over Ontario are still talking about it. We are looking forward to leveraging Tim’s experience as the Umpire-in-Chief for Halifax as a youth. The umpire program is a priority for NTBA and Tim will be a perfect fit with this endeavour, along with other areas of interest such as taking on Head Coach responsibilities for our Minor Rookie AAA Rep team and assisting in enhancing our field management program. Tim is currently Senior Vice President at DBRS.
- Andrew Prendergast – Having participated in NTBA’s House League for 7 years with his son, Andrew has been volunteering his time coaching and ensuring all players have a great time on the ball field. As a NTBA parent veteran, Andrew brings an important perspective as we continue to look to enhance the baseball experience for our members. Andrew has already stepped forward to help the association develop a long lasting groundskeeping and maintenance strategy – critical to the players enjoyment. Andrew is the President & CEO of Tilley Endurables, Inc.
- Marnina Sernick – An enthusiastic parent heading into her third season with NTBA, Marnina volunteers in a variety of ways, including team manager, 2018 Rookie OBA organizing committee, coordination of a baseball-themed charity event and educational workshops for NT families. Currently, Marnina participates in our Rep/Select committee providing critical input on a variety of key items including field enhancement and uniform decision-making. Marnina is married to Grant (assistant coach, Minor Mosquito AAA team) and they have three kids. Two of which are in the NT program (Minor Pee Wee and Minor Mosquito) and a third who tolerates her big brothers’ baseball obsession. Marnina is a Senior Customer Development Manager with General Mills Canada.
North Toronto Baseball Association would like to thank both Don Robertson (past president) and Jeremy Weisz for the dedication in their roles as Directors.
Don Robertson: We would like to thank Don again for his dedicated volunteerism and leadership he has provided to the North Toronto Baseball Association. NTBA is now much stronger because of Don’s efforts, which included implementing many operational enhancements such as TeamSnap and further developing the North Toronto brand through both a strong House league and Rep/Select programs.
Jeremy Weisz: Our longest serving director, Jeremy has provided critical guidance for many of our programs and has been instrumental in ensuring our training for all players is strong. In addition, we also wanted to thank Jeremy for his leadership as we modernized the NTBA constitution.
North Toronto Baseball Association is a non-profit organization, developed in the 1940's and still going strong! It is managed mainly by many volunteers who are dedicated to bringing kids of all ages a friendly and healthy outdoor experience through baseball. We have grown from hundreds of players to close to 1,700 players. NTBA provides House League, Select and Rep programs for NTBA members. The demand for baseball programs over the last few years have exceeded our capacity. Our 2018 house league continues to increase and we look to innovative ways to provide more opportunities, along with emphasis on skill development programs.
Mission Statement and Objectives
To provide the families of the North Toronto community an opportunity to actively participate in the game of baseball at various levels so that players can develop their skills while at the same time learn the value of team spirit, sportsmanship, leadership and respect. The NTBA shall be guided by the following objectives:
- to provide children and young adults (“players”) an opportunity to develop baseball playing skills along with an appreciation of the game of baseball while fostering good sportsmanship with fellow players;
- to provide House League, Select and Rep programs so players can participate at a level appropriate to their ability and commitment;
- to develop character by promoting physical, social and leadership skills in the players, with an emphasis on team spirit, sportsmanship, respect for officials and for each other; and
- to promote and develop the game of baseball, both within and outside the NTBA community, while recognizing that the wellbeing of the player is the first priority.